The image sensor of your sceye camera is very light-sensitive. To achieve the best scan-results with sceye it is recommended to take care for the following operational requirements.
sceye is designed as an office product which usually can be used also in industrial environments and production halls without any problems. However - it is not meant to be used outside or with direct sunlight.
- Office situation
- In a normal office situation the light is even and ambient.
- During the day - the light situation is changing. It is highly recommended to use the Autobrightness feature - so your sceye takes care for these changes itself.
- Black & White versus Color scans
- Because of our highly sophisticated image binarisation, the black & white scans are very resistant against difficult light conditions like shadows and brighter areas. Any greyscale and color scan will obviously also transfer these uneven light conditions in the scan result. However - usually all information is readable and it's just an aesthetic issue.
- A single strong light source can cause some brighter spots. Usually this is not causing any difficulties but whenever you are not satisfied with the result - please change the position of your sceye slightly or remove the light source which is causing the spot.
- Built-in light
- The built-in light is able to reduce an external influence significantly (depending on the brightness level) and you can use it in any situation. Even if no external light is available, the sceye is able to operate just with it's own light. If you experience some reflections you might get better results by turning off the built-in light.
- PRIME light
- The PRIME light feature extends the normal build-in light to prevent reflections - even on glossy paper. You should just take care that no external strong light spot causes some reflections.
As part of any sceye shipment you'll find a scanpad in the package. This is an optional add-on which offers some great advantages.
- Even background
- The even background supports the great auto-detection feature of sceye. This is used to perform the auto-scan feature as well as it is used for autocrop and autorotating the scanned page.
- The sceye logo in the center also offers some great features. With an activated Auto-Scan feature, the sceye logo is used as a Pause symbol and no further scans are made until the logo is covered by a new page to scan. In the auto-group mode the sceye logo is used to finish one multipage document and to start with a new empty document.
- Dark background
- Especially thin paper can cause some problems on a bright background as the font of the backside shows through to the front page. The dark background of the scan-pad reduces or eleminates this problem of thin paper.
- Bright background
- Sometimes you may want to use a brighter background. In this case you can simply flip the scanpad to the backside.
- Older A4-Scanpads were also grey at the front-side with a sceye-Logo on it.
sceye has no moving parts and by its nature it is maintenance free. However - while working with your sceye you should respect the following rules.
- Stand-by mode
- Whenever you don't use your sceye it is recommended to close the lid of the arm. The device will change into a deep and low-power consuming stand-by mode.
- Little nap
- The latest software (Release 5.9.2) introduced an auto-sleep mode which turns off the laser after 5 minutes of inactivity. However - with a slight movement in the scanning area - the sceye wakes up automatically in less then a second and turns on the laser - ready for a new snapshot.
- Cleaning your sceye
- Once in a while you should clean the lens of your sceye. To do so please disconnect the sceye from the USB cable and clean the lens with a dry cloth.
- Carrying the sceye
- To prevent damages you should always unplug the cable and use the sceye bag.
- In general
- Your sceye must not become wet and the operational temperature is between -10° to 40° Celsius (10° to 100° Fahrenheit).